A double rear-wheel truck is frequently alluded to as a dually. It is a heavy-duty pickup truck with two back tires on each side, permitting more street contact and width for more superior strength, equalization, and footing while at the same time driving.
In our Best Dually tires for towing article, we have considered a few things while gathering information. You will have the best dually tires, light truck tires, the best tire for SUV, and more in this post.
We love that macho look of dually tires. Besides style, dually tires have also increased conveying power, more excellent traction, and upgraded blow-out protection. They give more secure towing as more towing guarantees better brakes.
Purchasing a set of 4 indistinguishable tires isn’t easy for the wallet. You have to depend on brands that guarantee you balanced measurements and uniform wear out of the entirety of your tires.
In a rush! check out the hotlist below for the Best Dually Tires For Towing: (Affiliates links)
- Firestone Transforce HT Highway Radial Tire
- Westlake SU318 All-Season Radial Tire
- Goodyear Wrangler SR-A Radial Tire
- Carlisle Radial Trail HD Trailer Tire
Best Dually Tires For Towing
1. Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial – 31X10.50R15LT 109Q
We are starting with one of the most adaptable and sturdy tires that is available on the market. Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial is best for light trucks, SUVs, and muds terrain tires. Moreover, commercial vehicles, vans, and full-size pickups can use these on and off-road tires.
It is incredibly effective on desert trails and also in snow-ground during winter. Effective on the road too. Track well the road and no cupping between the turnings. And with the best ball joints, you may also increase tire tread life.
- Profoundly angled center tread blocks, proper winter traction, and serious mud and dirt traction.
- Rim protector, rugged looks & self-cleaning shoulder blocks.
- Heavy-duty tires fit numerous models of vehicle.
- The weight of the tire is roughly 42.3 lbs, with a load index of 109.
- This tire consists of more gripping action.
What We Like?
- All-weather traction. Rain, winter, or dry.
- Excellent performance on various landscapes.
- Versatile tire – heavy-duty construction and ideal for towing.
- Great for wet roads, muddy roads.
Keep In Mind
- Might face trouble balancing, the professional assistant might be needed.
2. Firestone Transforce HT Highway Radial Tire- LT265/75R16 123R E
Firestone Transforce HT Highway Terrain Commercial Light Truck Tire is next on our list. It includes an all-season thruway zonal track design, with a high-modulus mixture that helps gain chip and tears immunity.
The body consists of a two-ply polyester, steel belts, and a distorting wrap nylon cap handle to convey long service. Also, can be utilized in either single- or double-back tire applications.
This tire is appropriate for large-sized RVs to builders, pick-ups, and emergency automobiles. Additionally, it fits for light-duty delivery vans/trucks.
- Circumferential grooves guarantee additional towing in wet conditions.
- 5° Noise Reduction Technology limits noise generation.
- Progressed high modulus track compound assists with forestalling damage.
- Polyester and steel development promotes long wear.
- Computer-designed shape and body add to ride comfort.
What We Like
- Dry and wet friction is excellent.
- The ride is smooth and calm.
- Remarkable stability, significantly when towing a heavy load.
Keep In Mind
- Prolonged tread-life needed.
- Need to improve winter performance.
Westlake SU318 Tire is a multifaceted and long-lasting tire. This all-season tire features a quiet and comfortable touring ride quality. It promotes excellent traction and handling in all driving conditions such as rainy wet roads, dry roads, and light snow-covered roads.
Westlake has four wide circumferential grooves in its tread design that give improved grip, lateral towing, and overall handling on wet street surfaces. The steel bead wire reduces unnecessary road noise and with the help of shocks, they increase overall comfortability.
- Advanced Silica Tech technology that is siped around the tread.
- Promotes excellent all-season traction and handling in different weather conditions.
- Four wide circumferential grooves provide enhanced grasp, lateral traction, and overall handling on wet street surfaces.
- Available in more than 30 distinct dimensions and sizes from 15 to 20 inches.
What We Like?
- Capable friction, smooth turning and handling on a dry road, wet road, and light snow roads.
- Soundless free-riding tire.
- Reputable tread-wear.
- Reasonable price.
Keep In Mind
- When tires wear down, it creates road noise.
With its enhanced traction in different conditions, Goodyear Wrangler SR-A Radial Tire provides a smooth, quiet ride for new pickup trucks and SUVs. The zig-zag sipes around the tread work water drainage from under the tire and the moving pitch design ensures to stop the noise.
The SR-A Radial Tire maintains a quiet ride, and its tread design resists changes in different conditions.
There are two high tensile steel belts inside the tire that provide added strength and stability. Goodyear has created this model LT sizes and P-metric and heavy-duty E and D load ranges.
- Has a cornering grip further to enhance road grip on wet and snow conditions.
- Zig-zag sipes and a wide circumferential notch around the tread remove water from under the tire and keep safety.
- The tire warrantied for 50,000 miles.
What We Like?
- Longer wear and tear life.
- Reduced Noise and Vibration.
- Enhanced traction on different conditions.
- Enhanced Cornering Grip.
Keep In Mind
- Traction on heavy snow might be risky.
The Carlisle Radial Trail HD series is an ultra-popular tire used with boat trailers, livestock trailers, toy trailers, cargo trailers, utility trailers, and other specialty trailers. It has endured for an extended period and is safer than other tires. Carlisle Radial is suitable for short or long-distance travel and different work and play purposes.
Carlisle Tire created strong extensible steel belts with a unique heat-resistant rubber tread. Appropriate tire size and load capacity make more journeys.
- Sidewall courtyard gives extra protection from slippy and hot conditions.
- Used on RV, cargo, utility, boat, horse, and stock trailers.
- Multiple body plies increase stability and load-carrying capacity.
- Moving pitch patterns minimize road noise.
What We Like?
- Rides noise-free and delivers better than average durability.
- Suitable for short or long-distance travels
- L or M speed evaluations for higher speeds on the highway.
- Reduce sway and promote stability.
Keep In Mind
- Some owners reported that the tire has a lower load range.
4 Things To Consider Before Buying Best Dually Tires For Towing
If you are not a newbie in the automotive industry then you may know, there are a lot of different types of tires available in the market. So, it’s very easy to be confused. When the target is getting the best dually tire then you should focus on the following things mentioned in the rest of the article.
1. Types Of Tires
Selecting only the best tires is not enough for great performances. Because there are many different types of tires available for different seasons and reasons. Like highway tires are best for highways, All-Terrain and Mud-Terrain are best for off roads, Load Range E tires for heavy loads, and many more. These variants can affect your ride quality and sometimes on your pocket also.
If you live in a country like Norway, you are probably more familiar with seasonal tires. In Norway, you must change tires on a seasonal basis for safe driving.
Apart from that, you can choose All season tires. They may not be the ideal choice for many people but still, they are more useful than others.
This should be your primary concern while setting up dually tires. The tires should be indistinguishable from one another. Else, the performance ratio will drop. Moreover, using two different tires dually will decrease their lifespan.
Balancing will be difficult, and in the worst case, this mismatch can cause accidents. So, while purchasing tires for dually, ensure that you are purchasing comparative tires so that those become indistinguishable from one another.
3. Load Capacity
A vehicle and its load are completely supported by inflated tires. If the installed tire load rating is insufficient for the vehicle, a sound tire may become overheated, creating a real risk of tire failure.
Particularly in the case of Van, pickup truck, or SUV one should be more cautious about tire load capacity.
Maximum load and maximum inflation ratings can be found on all tire sidewalls. So, before choosing the tires make sure that they are capable enough to carry your usual load.
Reference: TIRE LOAD INDEX CHART.
4. Tread Pattern
Tire tread is the part of the tire that makes contact with the road surface. By selecting a specific tire tread pattern you can enhance tire performance and handling in different driving conditions.
When choosing dually tires, you can choose from these three types of tread pattern design: Symmetric tread, asymmetric tread, and directional tread.
- Symmetrical tread patterns are the most ideal choice since they last more and tend to wear down more uniformly. The outer and inner sides of the trend are symmetric and they are also known as “multi-directional” tread patterns.
- Asymmetric tread patterns are a mix of Symmetrical and unidirectional patterns, and they are best for traction and control. In these types of patterns, the inner and outer halves of the tread are designed with different channels and tread blocks. The design is intended to enhance performance such as water dispersal or dry grip and snow traction.
- Directional tread patterns are best for speed. They are designed for rolling in a unidirectional way means the pattern flows only one way. Which helps to enhance performance.
Everyone will admit that choosing the best dually tires for towing is not an easy task. That’s why we put our best to find out the best among the best for you with great details. We have tried to make sure that you get the best knowledge about the subject after reading this entire article. So, before selecting any tire just be sure about your requirements otherwise, your money will not get the best value.
Lastly, we will highly recommend you to go with Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Radial if you have a tight budget. Though Westlake SU318 All-Season Radial Tire is the most highly rated tire.