Ford has made four generations of Escape over the year. They started to manufacture the Escape model SUVs in 2001 which is continued till today. The first-generation Escape was launched in 2001. After that, in the years 2008, 2013, and 2020, they launched their second, third and fourth generation Escape SUVs.
Ford uses different types of hybrid batteries for their Escapes. The price will depend on your vehicle model and quality. On average the battery will cost you between 2500$ to 5000$ and the labor cost will be around 300$ to 400$. In total, it will cost you around 3000$ to 5500$ to replace your Ford Escape hybrid battery.
However, they did not use the same type of batteries for these vehicles and the batteries, as you all know, do not last for eternity. There are so many reasons which can cause your battery failure. As a result, you might have to replace your battery. Buyers often face problems to choose the best quality and perfectly matched battery for the hybrid Escape.
9 common Reasons Behind Escape Hybrid Battery Failure
You need to take proper care of your hybrid battery to last itslife longer. There are some major issues of which you need to be aware. The major causes liable for your hybrid battery failure are:
- Long aged batteries
- Voltage malfunction in the battery
- The acid problem in the battery
- Continuously keeping the battery on low charge
- When the battery has not been used in a long time
- Usingan excessive amount of electrical features of the vehicle
- When the battery is not properly cleaned, the debris can cause damage
- Overuse of the battery
- When the battery is not properly connected to the vehicle
These are the main reasons which can cause your battery to last less than its expected lifespan. I would suggest you follow the battery instructions carefullyto easily avoid this mess. Also, you should buy good quality batteries so that they can tackle the problems easily.
Prices Of Different Types Of Escape Hybrid Batteries
Ford has faced some issues related to Escape batteries over the years. As a result, they continued to upgrade their hybrid battery quality. This is why the prices of the Escape hybrid batteries are not the same. Here are the lists of the Escape hybrid batteries and their prices:
|SL||Name of the Battery||Price Range|
|01.||Ford Escape 2003-2010 hybrid battery||2500$ to 2600$|
|02.||Ford Escape 2010-2015 hybrid battery||2700$ to 2750$|
|03.||Ford Escape 2019 hybrid battery||2800$ to 2900$|
|04.||Ford Escape 2020 hybrid battery||3000$ to 3100$|
Because of the problems, Ford was getting some complaints regarding the first Escapevehicles’ batteries. So, they made improvements to the batteries’ outer structure or the jacket body. This has made the latest edition of their batteries more efficient.
Know more about the prices of the Ford Escape hybrid batteries.
Installation Procedure Of A Ford Escape Hybrid Battery
You can easily put your hybrid engine on the vehicle on your own. But if you have no experience regarding the matter, then you should get it done by an expert. Some local workshop provides free installation if you buy battery from them. However, let’s take a look at the installation process of a Ford Escape hybrid battery-
- Firstly, turn off the electrical switch and remove the battery from the compartment carefully.
- Then you can remove the bolts and the contactor from the compartment. You have to be very careful while doing this because the contactor is very fragile.
- After that, you have to locate the contactor assembly and carefully detach them from the socket.
- At this point, you need to know the color codes of your contactor assembly and connect them accordingly.
- Now you can re-assemble the contactor and connect the wires to the new battery and put it in the compartment.
- At last, you can now switch on the battery and charge the battery.
More information about the installation process of a hybrid battery below.
Health Test Process Of A Hybrid Battery
Though a hybrid battery is very efficient and powerful, you should test the health of your hybrid battery now and then to avoid any unexpected occurrence. Here is the process to do that:
- Firstly, you need to switch on the power button and click on the battery check option.
- Then you will have to press the brake and hit the power button and see the voltage counter on the screen.
- If the voltage is around 14, then the battery is very healthy and if the voltage is around 13,it needs charging.
- When you drive, the voltage can get down a little bit which is nothing to worry about.
- You should not drive your vehicle if the voltage is under 13.
>> Watch a visual guide on the matter.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How Long Does A Ford Escape Hybrid Battery Last?
It depends on your use and the quality of your battery. A Ford Escape hybrid battery will last around 7 to 10 years or 75000 miles to 90000 miles. If you take proper care of your battery, it can even last longer. If you want your battery to last longer, you should reduce the use of electrical features in your vehicle.
2. What Happens When A Hybrid Battery Fails?
Usually, a hybrid battery is a very strong battery to perform without any failure. Nevertheless, it can fail. The failure causes fuel level malfunction andcharge problems in your vehicle. When your battery is completely dead, you can not use your vehicle anymore.
So, a dead battery makes your vehicle completely inoperable.
3. Can A Hybrid Battery Be Charged Manually?
Yes, a hybrid battery can be charged manually. Firstly, you need to locate the battery and remove the cap of it. Then you can easily put the plug in the battery. After that, you need to plug inthe other side of the wire to the charger. After putting everything together properly, you can start your car.
Hybrid batteries are the updated versions of the old batteries. It gives you a longer lifetime than a normal battery. It also helps the electrical accessories to operate properly. However, hybrid batteries die after a period. As a result, you will need to replace it.
You can easily get a brand-new Ford hybrid battery from your local workshops or you can buy it from Ford’s official showrooms. Though a normal battery will not cost you much, a hybrid battery is pretty expensive. You will have to spend around 5000$ to replace your Ford Escape hybrid battery.
Here are other ford related articles you might like: