Choosing the synthetic oil for 5.7 Hemi is a critical task as it will impact the car’s fuel mileage and performance. Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi is a heavy vehicle that comes with a powerful engine. You need to choose the right motor oil for this vehicle to get maximum engine performance and engine protection.
A lot of people complain that their Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi doesn’t provide enough mileage, leaks oil, and engine performance is decreasing. All these problems mostly occur because of not choosing the right oil.
If you want to use synthetic oil instead of conventional oil for better engine output, we are here to help you now. We have researched and found out some of the most reliable synthetic motor oils you can use for 5.7 Hemi to get the best performance and engine protection. We are also going to inform you about how you can choose the right oil for your 5.7 Hemi.
Best Synthetic Oil For 5.7 Hemi
Here are the top 5 best synthetic oils you can use for your 5.7 Hemi:
1. Castrol 03063 5W-20 Synthetic Oil
Castrol GTX magnatec 5W-20 fully synthetic motor oil is our first choice for your 5.7 Hemi. This fully synthetic oil is highly reliable for heavy-duty vehicles with its incredible engine performance improving features. You can easily go for Castrol GTX magnatec motor oil as it also comes at a reasonable price.
The engine protection you would get with this oil is more than what you can expect. Its advanced formulation works on high heating engines without any problem at all.
Your engine would be as smooth as new no matter how many miles you drive with Castrol full synthetic motor oil. This oil also reduces engines lagging sound. So, you can undoubtedly use it for any old or new model vehicle engine.
Why Should You Get It?
- Engine Wear Protection: Castrol oils extra layer of protection works to protect the engine from all types of engine wear. It also reduces metal to metal friction inside the engine and withstands heavy pressure.
- High-Temperature Performance: Works smoothly on high heating engines making Castrol full synthetic oil ideal for old vehicles’ engines. High viscosity and thickness allow this oil to behave normally even at the highest temperatures.
- Smooth Engine Performance: Full synthetic oil reduces deposit formation to increase engine response allowing you to enjoy smooth performance just like a new engine. It also reduces engine lags to prevent annoying engine noises.
- Broad Usability: Castrol GTX full synthetic oil can be used on multiple types of vehicles including Ford WSS models, Dodge Hemi models. You can use this oil on your 5.7 Hemi for the most engine performance and protection.
Keep In Mind
- Not Suitable For Cold Weather: This oil easily gets frozen in winter. So, you should not use it if you often drive in cold temperatures.
2. Mobil 1 Advanced 5W-20
Mobil 1 advanced full synthetic motor oil is one of the most common motor oils used by motor enthusiasts. This oil comes with astounding engine protection against deposits, sludges, and engine wear. Mobil 1 advanced is known for keeping the engine clean and for long-term performance optimization.
Unlike other local motor oils, Mobil 1 advanced comes with heat resistance for both high and low heating engine components. You can rely on this motor oil no matter what weather you are driving on.
All critical engine parts can be protected for upto 10,000 miles with Mobil 1 advanced full synthetic motor oil. It maintains oxidation control, viscosity, and fuel economy to make your vehicle’s engine as long-lasting as possible.
Why Should You Get It?
- Engine Cleansing: This oil provides a low-speed pre-ignition that keeps the engine clean. Mobil 1 also provides timing chain protection which protects the engine from dirt and ensures maximum fuel economy.
- Sludge Protection: Damaging deposits and sludges can not build up so easily with Mobil 1 advanced oils sludge protection. This helps to increase engine life conveniently.
- Long-lasting Oxidation Resistance: The engine oxidation resistance that comes with Mobil 1 advanced can prevent oil breakdown for a long time. This would also maintain viscosity to protect all engine parts.
- Excellent Engine Heat Protection: The heat resistance of Mobil 1 advanced motor oil is on another level. It can withstand both high and low heat and any weather conditions without decreasing engine performance.
- Best Value For Money: There are very few motor oils of this price that offer such amusing features like Mobil 1 advanced full synthetic motor oil. You can go for this oil without comparing it with any other oil’s price.
Keep In Mind
- Too Much Oil Consumption: Mobil 1 advanced doesn’t come with as much mileage as you may expect. It consumes more oil than average.
3. Red Line (15305) 5W30
Red Line full synthetic ester formula car engine oil is one of the most praised engine oil by its users. Both experts and motor oil users highly recommend this oil for modern car engines. We also recommend this oil for your 5.7 Hemi as we have learned about its astonishing reliability.
You can use Red Line motor oil in almost all types of vehicles. It has been tested on from twin-turbo engines to old general motors with an astounding performance in all cases.
Engine protection of this full synthetic oil is stronger than 10w40 petroleum. Moreover, such premium synthetic oil comes at a very low price compared to all other oils with similar facilities.
Why Should You Get It?
- Usable For All Vehicles: Usable for all SN, SL, SM, SH, SG, CF, ACEA, VW, BMW & some Audi models. You can also use this motor oil for general motors, Nissan heavy-duty vehicles, and your 5.7 Hemi.
- Quite The Engine: If your engine makes a lagging sound then Red Line motor oil can easily fix your problem. It quiets the engine and makes it as smooth as a new engine.
- Extraordinary Engine Protection: Red Line motor oil comes with a thicker oil film at operating temperature which increases its viscosity. This makes it more durable than a 10w40 petrol.
- Full Synthetic: Being a fully synthetic oil, red line motor oil considerably increases engine performance. You will get better mileage, speed, and long-lasting engine life with this oil.
- Heat Resistance Being thicker than 10W40 petroleum, this oil can withstand high heat without taking any damages. It works well on low temperatures also.
Keep In Mind
- Oil Container Leaks: The oil container of red line oil starts leaking once you open the seal. It would leak oil no matter how much you seal it, so you should use a different container.
To learn more about car oil/fluid you can read our reviews below:
4. Valvoline SAE 20W-50
Valvoline high mileage synthetic blend motor oil is the cheapest synthetic oil on our list. It can be another great choice for your Hemi 5.7 with its amusing performance and protection. If you have a low budget then you should go for this synthetic blend oil instead of other expensive full synthetic oils.
If you are looking for long-lasting engine protection then Valvoline is one of the best choices you can have. It can maximize engine life up to 75,000 miles which is astonishing.
This synthetic blend motor oil comes with premium quality anti-oxidants which would increase performance along with protecting the engine. Besides, you won’t even have to worry about leaks.
Why Should You Get It?
- Prevents Oil Breakdown: Antioxidants used in Valvoline oil prevents breakdown in the most extreme conditions. It can withstand any weather or engine pressure.
- Protects Against Oil Leaks: Seal conditioners used in this motor oil are reliable for sealing oil leaks. This makes Valvoline one of the most efficient oils for 5.7 Hemi.
- Reduces Engine Friction: The synthetic blend formula of this oil reduces engine friction and fights against engine oxidation and sludge. Your engine would be clean and protected from all types of engine wear.
- Long-Lasting Engine Performance: Valvoline oil can increase engine life for up to 75000 miles which is undeniably the best offer in this budget. It will make a noticeable impact on increasing your engine’s performance without compromising long-lastingness.
- Higher Mileage: This synthetic blend oil’s max life technology also maximizes mileage. So, you will get better fuel economy than any other oil at this price with Valvoline motor oil.
Keep In Mind
- Incompatible With Old Engines: Valvoline synthetic blend oil won’t work so well on old vehicles engines. You won’t get enough mileage if you use this oil on old engines.
5. Mobil 1Advanced 120758 0W-20 5
Mobil 1 advanced fuel economy motor oil is similar to our 2nd enlisted Mobil 1 advanced. This model of Mobil 1 advanced has a bit better fuel economy and mileage which makes one of our top choices as the best synthetic oil for 5.7 hemi.
The thermal protection this model of Mobil 1 advanced motor oil provides is quite satisfying. You will be able to drive through both high and low temperatures without any difficulties or engine damages. Its low-temperature capabilities are unbeatable for other full synthetic oils of this segment.
Engine wear protection, sludge protection, low viscosity formula, etc facilities of this oil are so convenient along with its fuel economy improvement.
Why Should You Get It?
- Excellent Thermal Protection: The thermal protection of Mobil 1 advanced fuel economy oil is on another level. It can reduce oil aging and make it as long-lasting as you may need.
- Low-Temperature Performance: This oil does not freeze in cold weather or low temperatures which is a premium facility. This means, your engine’s performance won’t be decreased due to low temperature with Mobil 1 advanced fuel economy oil.
- Low Viscosity: Being a fully synthetic oil, Mobil 1 advanced fuel economy oil increases engine efficiency. This type of oil wouldn’t break down even in high engine pressure.
- Better Fuel Economy: The fuel economy improvement you will get with Mobil 1 advanced fuel economy oil is unimaginable. It will increase fuel economy by 2%.
- Long Term Transmission & Engine Performance: The additive component system of Mobil 1 advanced fuel economy oil is efficiently balanced. This will improve your engine’s performance no matter what your driving style and condition are.
Keep In Mind
- Engine Lagging Sound: Using this motor oil would increase performance and protection but it will also provide engine lagging noise. If you are okay with a little noise then you can surely go for it.
How To Choose The Best Synthetic Oil For 5.7 Hemi
Here are some major factors that you need to look for to get the best synthetic oil for 5.7 Hemi:
1. Synthetic Type
There are two types of synthetic oils are Synthetic blend and full synthetic oil. Synthetic blend oil is a mix of conventional motor oils with synthetic base stocks. This type of oil provides better performance and protection than conventional oils. If you want synthetic oil at a cheaper price then synthetic blend oil is the best option for you.
Full synthetic oil is a mix of synthetic base stock and lots of additional solvents that work to boost its performance. This type of oil provides even more protection and increases performance to the maximum level. Since full synthetic oils are more expensive, you can go for them if you don’t have budget restrictions.
Motor oil with higher viscosity will prevent oil breakdown at high pressure and temperature. If your oil doesn’t provide such viscosity breakdown resistance, it will easily deform while at pressure.
3. Mileage & Fuel Economy
Mileage and fuel economy are quite important factors, especially for old engines. Old engines consume more oil and fuel, so you have to select motor oil that also improves mileage and fuel economy. Oils with less viscosity can improve fuel economy so you should always go for oils with less viscosity.
4. High-Temperature Performance
5.7 Hemi’s engine would heat up a lot in high-temperature conditions. So you should go for oils with high-temperature resistance so that it performs accordingly even in high heat. A good quality motor oil would also reduce your vehicle’s engine components’ temperature.
5. Low-Temperature Performance
If you live or drive in a cold atmosphere then you must choose an oil that provides low-temperature resistance. Motor oils often get frozen in low temperatures which is a very annoying problem. Oils with low-temperature resistance won’t get frozen or decrease performance.
6. Engine Wear Protection
Make sure that the oil you choose ensures enough protection for your vehicle’s engine. The oil you choose should be able to protect against engine wear and sludge build-up. The oil should also reduce metal-to-metal friction to keep the engine clean and smooth.
7. Engine Noise
If your engine makes a cranky or lagging sound, then you should go for engine smoothing motor oils that also reduce this noise. You can ignore this factor if you have a new engine that doesn’t make any annoying sounds apart from engine throttle sound.
Questions From Users (FAQs)
1. Why Does My Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi Tick?
Dodge ram 5.7 may tick if you use cheap quality fuels. If you are using fuels that are high on ethanol instead of octane then your 5.7 Hemi would tick. This happens because cheap fuels cannot lubricate the fuel injectors properly due to a lack of octane.
2. Should I Use Full Synthetic Oil For My 5.7 Hemi?
Yes, synthetic oils are recommended for Dodge 5.7 Hemi to meet its engine’s standard. Among synthetic blends and fully synthetic, you should use full synthetic oil for its better engine protection and fuel efficiency. This means you should use full synthetic oil for your 5.7 Hemi as it would improve performance and keep your engine in good condition for a long time.
3. How Often Should I Change Oil In Dodge 5.7 Hemi?
The best time to change oil for 5.7 Hemi is after every 10,000 miles if you drive under normal conditions. If you drive your car under heavy pressure on offroads and terrains then you need to change its oil after every 5000-6000 miles to keep your engine in a good shape.
4. How Many Miles Would A Hemi Last?
Dodge 5.7 Hemi would last up to 200,000 miles if you properly take care of the engine. You need to change the engine oil regularly to make your engine that long-lasting.
One of the best ways to improve your 5.7 Hemi engine’s performance is using the best synthetic oil for 5.7 Hemi. We have already shown you the best choices along with a proper buying guide. You can rely on any of our enlisted motor oils for your 5.7 to get the maximum performance depending on your budget.
Frequently changing motor oil improves an engine’s protection and performance. If you want your 5.7 Hemi engine to be long-lasting and smooth performing then you should regularly change its motor oil by following our guidelines.